Click below for a programme outlineDownload
A4E are pleased to offer our wilderness residential experiences tailored to meet specific needs of the commissioning agency. A4E have provided SEND specialised residentials with the focus on fostering independence and encouraging safe risk taking. We have delivered projects for young people at risk of becoming NEET by supporting post 16 progression. We have also delivered residentials for whole families to encourage team building and encourage families to experiment with different ways of working together.
• Providing a dynamic and personalised mix of one to one, group work, role play, family support and outdoor activities
• Supporting participants to change the way they feel about themselves and their lives.
• Have the opportunity to learn about the water cycle, ecosystems, weather patterns, environmental protection,
wildlife identification and much more.
• Benefit from access to beautiful fisheries, woodlands and some of West Sussex most beautiful countryside
• Have opportunities to develop leadership skills and lead activities with younger children
A general assessment of individuals’ targeted needs is carried out at the beginning and end of each residential course.
A4E’s assessment and monitoring process is used to identify daily and full programme development goals for each participant. In addition, learners reflect on daily development goals and achieve a progress score each day, enabling outcomes to be reliably reported and evaluated.
We took 12 pupils with Special Educational Needs on a residential trip with Angling4Education and I can honestly say it was the best group experience those pupils had ever had. They were able to learn new skills, communicate well with one another, work towards a goal and show independent living skills that impressed their parents. I would thoroughly recommend the experience to stretch pupils, show them a glimpse of their potential and encourage communication skills they will need for life”.
Dejeniera Pygott, Bourne Community College, Student Support Manager
The Wilderness Residentials take place in West Sussex’s most beautiful countryside near Bury.
Catering and Accommodation:
Accommodation options include
• Two beautiful, fully equipped eco lodges, sleeping up to 12 people
• Camping in the stunning surrounding woodland with all equipment provided
Full catering can be provided.
Residential costs vary according to number of participants and required staff numbers.